Monday, June 21, 2010

Beach walk



So I heard the oil has come ashore in Mississippi last night.So this evening I took a sunset walk on Ocean Springs front beach.Walking the beach watching the sunset has always been one of my favorite things to do.Always I would talk with GOD and just let worries wash over me like the waves.But tonight it was sad .LIke going to a funeral.As I walked down the beach I heard drums.Sounded good to me because I knew they were praying for The Gulf also.The colors in the sky beautiful shades of pinks and orange.Then there it was in the pink clouds ....a huge dolphin. Made me so sad to think of all these beautiful wonderful creatures we will lose.Then I passed a young mother playing in the sand with her baby girl and felt very sad for all the children who will miss this ...for my own first granddaughter on her way .Then there were some small children running and playing in the water's edge so happy and carefree.This is one place all children and dogs love love to be ....to feel free and happy.I picked up a few shells thinking this could be the last time I will be able to .Just another one of my favorite things to do.I have walked the beaches with all my loved ones ....talking sharing and finding treasures. Almost to my car and it was getting dark ....looked like a father and two young sons wading in the water with a flounder light and bucket.I've done it many times .It is like magic out there on a hot summer night seeing all the sea life running by your feet.On the way home I talked to my youngest son. He is so very sad and concerned....asking me all kinds of questions he knew I or anyone had any answers for.Pretty scary really.Is this the end of our time on our beautiful GUlf? Will they really be able to stop this leak? What will happen if they can't? so many questions so much disgust over politicians and people who were supposed to be in charge .....In this day in age how could anyone take this kind of risk.There are people crying what about the jobs? Well I say What about our Earth?our Home? what about our food ? our fish ? Our Lives?
Okay enough enough....somehow I need to try to get some sleep so I can make more art .

2 comments:

Beth at Crazy4Art4u said...

Oh my gosh how beautiful your words and how horribly sad - there really are no words to express or distress over the losses. It is like loosing our identity as human beings - if this can be allowed to happen and not be forseen how far have we really come as human beings. I don't live on the Gulf, sadly, and my heart is breaking for what we are loosing. I am so angry at the stupidity and greed that lies behind this catastrophe. I just wanted to share and connect with another human being who understands - this planet is our home, our meaning every living creature, what are they thinking about how can they not see what they are doing? Thank you for your beautiful and moving post.
Beth P

Peaceswirl said...

Oh gosh Beth, We do think just the same . I know you feel this just as I do. Please pray and send all your love and good healing energy to the GULF.Some how I believe this will wake up us humans and see that we must demand changes in our energy sources.The knowledge is there. You can help by everyday 6 and 6 am pm or whatever time you will remember to do everyday or more often like me...sending a prayer or loving energy to the GULF.I have to know that I am willing just one more critter or even human to take the next step forward. I know that it was just this energy that gave me the strength to move another step forward after hurricane Katrina nearly wiped my city off the map.One more thing try to LOVE more ....just that simple.Love everything around you in this here moment.
Peace~~~